Thursday, April 24, 2008

Can a zoo be calm?

Shortly after having Davis our doctor showed concern that our middle son Trevor may have a form of Autism.  After all the craziness of last year I thought things were going to settle down.  When it was first brought up I thought there was no way.  They explained that there are all different severities of Autism.  Areas that I thought my son was just quirky were explained to be typical for a child with this disorder.  Last year when we went to get our family photo and some shots of our boys Trevor screamed the entire time.  Finally I just had them take this picture so I had a reference to when he was three.  This was the second time I had taken him in to get this picture, the time before he would not even sit in front of the camera.  Dealing with a child who has Celiac Disease, one on the Autism spectrum and a baby, is very overwhelming.  Sometimes it's just about getting through the moment.  This week though I saw a little break from the insanity - Trevor started preschool (he was approved through the district for special education in the hopes that he'll be able to be mainstreamed by Kindergarten)!  Davis decided to do his part also by taking naps during this time.  I love my boys but am so grateful when I get a few minutes to just enjoy being me.   

1 comment:

Lera said...

He's still cute even though he is screaming his head off. Love my nephews!